Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Wow, busy day. Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Soltice mystery was revealed at midnight and it is a beauty. I am so glad I did it but you will have to wait to see my reveal as I spent today working on the Merry Mayhem Mystery. I am not thrilled with my fabrics for this one, a little too country for my taste, but it will make a great charity quilt. And I was able to do a little stash busting. But most important I spent the day sewing with my SIL via FaceTime. It was a fun day! And here is my quilt up on the design wall ready to be sewn together.

Now my SIL decided to change it up a bit and went with a much more controlled color palette as well. Hers is much prettier. Hope she doesn't mind me sharing it with you. :)

Finally, though I have never blogged about food before, I thought I would share a shot of tonight's meal. Kinda looks like dog food but it tasted good. Now if you are from the southern USA you will probably recognize these things. Collard greens are for prosperity, black eyed peas and pork are for good luck.

Apparently in the South it is a tradition to eat these things on New Years to bring you good fortune in the coming year. After the crappy year I have had I can use all the help I can get!!

Finally a big thank you to anyone who reads my blog, comments or whose blog I read. You have all helped me so much this year. Despite moving to a new area and then back surgery which kept me house bound for months, I have felt connected to friends from around the world. I wish all of us a happy and prosperous 2014 filled with creative stitching!

 

6 comments:

Dolores said...

Wow, you have been busy today. I decided to just download the pattern and leave it at that for now. It must have been great to be able to sew with someone - even long distance.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Hey Heather! Happy New Year! I used to have ham and black eye peas every year, but my family won't eat the peas so we skip it now. I love them with a doll up of mayo and smushed! Makes me think of "home"! I sure hope you are feeling better. Love Both of those pretty quilts!

Carla said...

The quilts look great. What a lot of piecing.

Janet said...

Happy new year Heather, I hope it's filled with good health and happiness. The quilts look wonderful, I can't seem to get motivated to use the sewing machine but you've inspired me.

Carrie P. said...

I hope you have a much better year. Maybe the southern food will help. :0)
Great looking blocks.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I know I'm a week late but Happy New Year!! It's fun to see a plate of food that I've read about but not seen. I'm wishing you lots of happiness and hope things settle down for you in 2014.