Monday, January 13, 2014

A return to Love Entwined

I have finally got back to my Love Entwined quilt. I was all caught up before my back surgery but when Part 5 came out in October I was in no shape to continue. And then November we were busy with the new grandchild and December was filled with Christmas sewing and, well you get the picture. I am not sure what happened during that period but I am not as in love with this project as I was when I quit, and I am having trouble finding my enthusiasm. I think it must have something to do with the colors so I made another small revision by changing the gold color that was in the center of those oak leaf shapes and replacing it with a navy. I also am changing a gold flower as I am trying to reduce that color. I cut out Part 5 and am ready to begin stitching. Sure hope I fall in love again!

 

 

18 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it has been 4 months at least since I have worked on my quilt - somehow I have lost interest in it while working on other things - I will pick it back up soon I hope

sunny said...

I hope you fall in love again, because I want to see this finished! It's not something I would ever attempt, so I have to live vicariously through you.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That is the most beautiful vase of flowers!! You'll get back into the swing of things when you start appliquing these down. This quilt is too beautiful to sit alone for too long.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your work is beautiful and it is always such a treat to see it.

ritad said...

I have found that I am a fickle quilter! I kept up through the first two vases, then fell completely out if like! I've fallen for Di Ford quilts and am working on three! I know Love Entwined misses me ....almost as much as I miss it.

Every Stitch said...

Yours is one of my VERY favourite attempts at this quilt so it would be sad to see you stop- but it is a complex one and I can understand how you feel. Such lovely broderie perse selections there - and the colours are beautiful! You could make it smaller perhaps??
Hilda

audrey said...

Yours is so beautiful! Keep going please.:)

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous! I like the navy substitution.

Karen said...

So, so beautiful. I love watching this grow.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- it's so beautiful! Keep up the good work!

MamaT said...

I hope you fall in love again because it's certainly a beauty! Keep going!

Judy Dietrich said...

You need to get your inspiration fabric out and put it in plain sight. Your quilt top is gorgeous and will be stunning. I hope things slow down and you get your quilt mojo back. Glad you made it through your surgery and hope your back is better than before!! Hugs to your grand baby. So fun

Carrie P. said...

OH, it is looking so good!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh yeah...that is going to be gorgeous for sure!

Barb said...

Gorgeous! what a lovely corner urn!

Jane in Cumbria said...

It looks wonderful, Heather! I love those colours! Hopefully you will fall in love again while stitching it!

Janet said...

It looks amazing and those changes might get your enthusiasm going again. If you get tired of it, you could always make it smaller or just use the centre. It really is gorgeous.

Janet said...

I think you will fall in love with it again - its so very lovely!! I love your flower arrangement - just beautiful!