Thursday, January 23, 2014

Happy colors

Here are a few things I am doing with some happy colors to brighten my day. First up is this week's flower from the Fellowship of the Flowers. I decided to go with brights on a white background for the next project. The next project includes 6 flowers so I am sure to have something bright and happy to work on at least once a week. Yay!

And this is the first panel in another mystery BOM. This one is being done by Quilt Doodle Doodles and it is a row quilt with a winter theme. It makes a twin size quilt and I am able to use fabric from my stash and should have a fun quilt by the end of the year. Once again I decided to go with a bright theme to give me something happy to look forward to each month.

It is funny how much color affects my mood and these days brights seem to make me happy. Do certain colors make you happy?

 

11 comments:

Dolores said...

Yes, there is something to be said about bright colours and one's mood. I remember my mother saying that when she came over to Canada after the war, everyone was in black or gray. No one wore colour.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love your flower block!! And those snowman faces are so cute with their carrot noses. Brights make me happy, though I like different colours on different days.

Every Stitch said...

Another lovely inspiring post! I know that looking at green grass is a mood lifter for me - always love a green rural view.
Hilda

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous work....I always wear colours as they make me feel better even when I am tired or just dragging my feet! Colour in my home and sewing just seems to make everything better! I love a dash of yellow or orange or jade green or bright blue....really anything I suppose!

Oops-Lah said...

Your latest flower is again so adorable. It almost looks as if you've used felt??? And the row of snow men is a great start to something new. I can't believe how many BOM you are following and KEEPING up too!!!! Yes, colour definitely can change my mood too.

Mayleen said...

I love your latest flower because bright pink makes me happy!

Barb said...

I love pink it makes me happy!
Those snowmen are adorable! they are so cute and cheerful -

Brandie said...

Theses are very fun and happy colors!

Bev said...

I always LOVE everything you do! Those little snowmen are so cute! Cheery wave! Bev

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh so lovely flowers! Love your soupcon piece and those fun snowmen,too. I invite you to share your eye candy on Hexie Weekend so others can see your work. Thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

I just found your blog and all I can say is WOW!!! You are so very talented. I too am doing the Quilt Doodles QAL. Love your snowmen. hugs