Saturday, January 11, 2014

A little progress

I have been sewing up a storm the last few days and have made progress on several projects. First up is the second flower in the Fellowship of the Flowers. I love the colors that Michelle is using and am following her lead here in the first few but my start to switch it up as we go. I am looking forward to seeing what little project she has in store for these at the end of the month.

I have also assembled all the blocks in my Celtic Solstice. After taking this picture I put all the Tri rec units together for the borders. I just need to get those borders cut and added but I hate doing borders and have been procrastinating a little on those. Maybe I can force myself this weekend!

Instead of doing those pesky borders, I spent yesterday working on the quilt for my son. After piecing lots of tiny pieces and points in Celtic Solstice, it was nice to just work on some simple cutting and piecing. Working with a layer cake made this so easy and fast and I love the look of the sashing in the dark brown.

The blocks are all together and up on the design wall awaiting the sashing and borders. DH says it reminds him of the look of a Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass window. Hope my son likes it!

 

 

9 comments:

sunny said...

Your Celtic Solstice is beautiful. I'm not at a stage in my life where I would try anything that intricate, so I just admire from afar. Your son will love his quilt - it's very striking!

Oops-Lah said...

Oh my, your Celtic Solstice quilt is AMAZING!!! And you done it in such a short time. And the quilt for your son is equally great. You have indeed been sewing up a storm. I also love your second flower block. Are you ever sleeping ;)??? Just asking!

Bev said...

I love everything! Wish I could send you all my ufo's to finish! Thanks for the inspiration! On to my machine to work! XO

Cardygirl said...

My you have been super busy! The flower is sweet and Celtic Solstice is stunning, your son will love his...it is fabulous!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love that all your projects are so different from each other. Something for every mood. DH describing your 60/70s quilt as a Frank Lloyd Wright window is spot on, a perfect description. You son will love it!!

Every Stitch said...

You certainly have made progress! You are very versatile and talented to be working on such very different projects at once - and doing a wonderful job!
Hilda

Brandie said...

I just love those colors in your CS! It's amazing looking! Everytime I see one of your pictures, I think I need to do this quilt too, in the same colors of course! But I don't have time or those colors.

Carrie P. said...

WOWEE! your CS blocks are amazing!

Teresa Rawson said...

LOVE Celtic Solstice...always love straight-pieced patterns that look curved. Yours is AWESOME!

Teresa :o)