Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winding Ways, a UFO in progress

This UFO, a green and yellow Winding Ways quilt found my way to to design wall yesterday.  Somehow with the new direction our life is taking "winding ways" seems very appropriate and I was really needing to just sit and sew yesterday so I would not be thinking about all the life changes coming up.  Somehow I don't feel as guilty not working on my "should do's" if I am working on an old UFO. :-)

Anyway this UFO had been lingering for about 7 or 8 years and since I had most of the blocks made and more cut it seems a shame not to finish it, especially since it can be used with all the furniture and stuff that DH will be using in his rental in Florida (where he has taken a new job).  Good job I still had the directions for making the block cause it took me a while to get in the groove of sewing these things.  Originally I had planned this to be a queen sized quilt but now a twin/throw size will do just fine. I only had to cut out 4 extra blocks and hopefully I will get the last 6 sewn today.  Though the colors aren't something I would pick today, I am looking forward to getting this one out of the UFO pile and made into something useful.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

I like that Winding Ways pattern a lot; it does look "fiddlely" to sew together though. Isn't it funny how even just a few blocks stashed away can sit in the back of your mind until you finish them....Julierose

Cardygirl said...

Looks great...nice to have it almost finished. Great excitement with the move!

Dorothy said...

It's amazing how much our tastes change over the years. We never had the choice of fabrics not so long ago. I finished a few of mine last year and gave them away as charity quilts.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Winding Ways is such a clever pattern. I started a blue and cream one but my blocks just didn't look right. Yours is looking great!! A few quiet days and you'll have it finished in no time!