Thursday, February 9, 2012

More Critters

 Well it has been a very busy week and I can't believe that it is already Friday.  The quilts from the last post are quilted and the bigger is just awaiting the hand stitching on the binding.  I am still slogging away on the applique for this quilt but I can see the end in sight.  Such silly blocks and so much fun to do but I am ready to finish and move on to other things.

This happy little frog on the toadstool is one of my favorites.

As is the puppy grinning at the snail.  Hopefully I will finish the applique and get the top put together this weekend as our life is taking another crazy turn soon.  My DH just accepted a job 6 hours away and this means looking for a place for him to rent, and moving him in before April 1.  Don't know how this living apart is going to work out but we will need to start that way.  Youngest son graduates from college in May and will start grad school in the fall so I think there is lots of packing and heavy lifting in my future.  We really thought we would be settled when we moved into this house 1 1/2 years ago but that isn't how life is working out and I am just trying to go with the flow and hey there are lots of great fabric stores on that 6 hr. drive.

4 comments:

Brandie said...

I think these are the cutest blocks. Looks like you've been having fun with them.
Sorry to hear about the changes. But you have a good attitude about it. Shopping for fabric always makes things better.
Take care

Barb said...

Those blocks are just adorable, what a fun quilt this is going to be.

Dolores said...

I love Linda Hohag's designs. You seem to be having a lot of fun making these little critters.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Gosh I'm so behind on my commenting! That's huge news about your DH moving for work. You're having a busy year of changes and big things!!! I'm sure it'll all go smoothly and work out just fine! Your animal blocks are so lovely and full a happy cuteness.