Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sewn together

After lots and lots of pinning I finally got this put together yesterday. Sadly I really don't think the picture does justice to all the piecing and it looks better in person. It is not as big as I need but I think that borders are going to be added instead of more blocks.  This was certainly a quilt filled with lessons.

1. Sometimes you just have to use pins.
2. Check your pressing instructions and be consistent.
3. Blocks made several years ago may be slightly different than blocks finished today.

I think the real lesson is that it is a good idea to finish a project like this in a more timely fashion, as it was rather tricky fitting these blocks together.  But a couple borders added and it will be a finished top, languishing no more in the UFO pile and that is a good thing!  Maybe fitting all those odd sized blocks together was good practice for me as I am in charge of the raffle quilt for our guild this year and who knows what trouble I may run into there. :)

5 comments:

Brandie said...

I think it's beautiful! I love the colors, very "springy".
Good job on finishing up a UFO. I love that feeling of accomplishment even more with a UFO.

Barb said...

Oh wow, this is sooooooo fun and springy as Brandie said.

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's so beautiful. It must be a great feeling to have gotten all those blocks together after all this time. For our latest raffle quilt with my local quilt show we did English paper pieced blocks and the ladies who sewed it together said it came together like a dream.

Julierose said...

I totally agree with exhuming older items that you have made--(see my post today) I find that my sewing style and choices of fabric have really changed over the years. Funny how looking at older items brings back lotsa memories, too. I think this is a really nice put together you have accomplished. Looks so calm....Julierose

Carrie P. said...

I have always liked that block. What beautiful colors.