Saturday, July 30, 2011

Road Trip







The past 11 days have been spent on a road trip to visit family. I live in Georgia and we were going to Ohio and Ontario, Canada. Both my husband and I have an ailing parent so while it is good to see family, a little fabric therapy was in order to keep the spirits up. Well my spirits anyway!

I am supposed to be on a quilting budget these days due to my husband's early retirement (that is a story for another day) and clearly I was not mindful of the budget on this trip. I was shocked when I took all the fabric photos of this trip. I probably won't even be able to post them all.

Anyway, I started out innocently enough in Knoxville with only a few of these pieces. I really don't purchase with a plan as I have LOTS of fabric already, just a few for the stash.
The next store found these lovelies. I just got some new fabric to make curtains for my dining room and great room and these will look great with it. Perhaps a table runner or quilt for over the fireplace.

Once we got to Ohio we spent a few days helping cook and clean at the in-laws and surely a shopping break was well deserved for these things.
Well actually some of the fabric from the first photo was purchased that day too but once in Canada my kind SIL wanted to show me some of her local quilt stores and I didn't want to disappoint her so off we went. She is not a quilter but she was really hoping I would find something. The first store was OK but as they were having a 50% off sale I couldn't resist a few things.
And at the next store I found a companion piece to one of my early purchases.

A slightly different route home meant I was able to stop at Sew Elegant in Port Huron which was a favorite back when I lived in Michigan. Once again I was unable to stop myself from buying and I found these to take home with me.On our trip up to Ohio I had missed a stop that I was looking forward to due driving delays and we made sure to get to the Quilt Box in Dry Ridge, Kentucky first thing in the morning on our last day. What a lovely store where I actually found some fabric that I was looking for as well as much more. I spent so much that they gave me a nice tote bag and made me one of their "Bag Ladies" so I can get discounts on future trips.
I thought I was finished but we stopped for lunch and a quilt store was right across the street. Well you know what that means.







No comments: