Friday, July 22, 2011
Here is another block from the Captain Russell quilt. The pattern for the quilt is available from the Baltimore Museum of Art. I started this quilt soon after seeing the original hanging and tried to keep it as true to the original as I could. I am using solids and mostly reproduction fabrics and I am trying to use colors as I imagine the original would have looked prior to aging. While I like how it is turning out, I am finding it somewhat restrictive using all these solids. The next Baltimore will have lots more shading! I have also decided to skip the appliqued border. Partly due to size and partly cause I just want to get this one done.