Saturday, July 16, 2011

My First Baltimore Album

Here is a picture of my first Baltimore Album quilt. Actually it is the only one that I have finished but I am close to finishing the applique on my second. It was started in the 90's and was originally intended to be much bigger but for some reason I stopped after 6 blocks. By the time I pulled out those block again I really wanted to work on a Baltimore with a less restricted color palette so decided that 9 blocks would be enough. I found a fabric that I liked for the sashing and was able to pull the colors together with the vase of the center block.
I added a pretty appliqued border (the design came from a book that I can't locate) and finally hand quilted it. I call it "The Days of Wine and Roses" and once completed I actually like the colors again.

No comments: