Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tuella and Friends quilt finished!!

I am so happy to have a quilted and bound quilt to show. Due to my back surgery in September, I have been unable to do much quilting for the past year. Pain both before and after meant that I could work on tops but no actually finish them. But knowing that I am going to visit my grandchildren tomorrow gave me the incentive to give it a try. I have still not used the longarm since moving to this house and I did not want to even think about trying that so did this on a domestic machine.

I am so happy with how it turned out. I thought I would just do some in the ditch stitching and outline the appliqué but once that was done I knew a few details and background filler would bring it to life. Here are a few close ups of some of my favorite blocks.

My quilting is by no means perfect but I am so happy to have a finish and look forward to hanging it on the wall in my granddughter's room. My DIL has been patiently waiting since Sarah's arrival almost 6 months ago!

 

 

20 comments:

sunny said...

Heather, it's awesome! I love the fabrics, and your quilting is beautiful. I can't imagine doing that on a DSM.

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! Your background quilting is wonderful, I love all those swirls! The frog is so cute!! Enjoy visiting your grandchildren!!

Bev said...

What an adorable quilt! I love the quilting you did! GREAT JOB!! XO

Janet said...

So very pretty!! Perfect colors for a spring finish :0) Your quilting looks fabulous to me!

Cheri said...

Very cute, I live your quilting.

Kyle said...

Your choice of colors and fabrics make a very happy quilt. Your granddaughter will love it. Have fun.

lvkwilt said...

That is so adorable and as someone in chronic pain myself, I know how hard that was! Good for you! I love the colors and your quilting!

Every Stitch said...

Your DIL will be thrilled with that! Congratulations on a lovely finish!
Hilda

Oops-Lah said...

It turned out gorgeous! And your machine quilting is fantastic. I hope you'll soon be able to use your long arm again. Have a wonderful visit with your grand children and family.

Frog Quilter said...

Adorable. My favorite part is the frog.

Judy Dietrich said...

The quilting on the owl block is fantastic!!! Great job. Your grand-daughter will love it!!

Karen said...

Beautiful quilting on a very spring looking quilt. Nicely done.
I know about back pain. I hope your surgery helped. Mine did not.

Karen H said...

What a lovely quilt for a child. Your quilting is gorgeous and it complements the quilt beautifully! I love the bright happy colours you've used and I would be willing to bet that the child who receives it will fall it love with it right away!

Brandie said...

It's sew adorable! I'd hang it in my room!

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, you're on a roll with these finished quilts. This one is adorable!

LuAnn said...

It's beautiful and will make someone very happy.

Barb said...

Oh my stinking gosh....that quilt is filled with fun fun fun...I just love it.

Carrie P. said...

gorgeous. i love the fabric you used for the frog.

WDW70 said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the fabrics, quilting and the theme. Where would I buy this pattern?

Gaile said...

i love this quilt and would like to make it where can i find this pattern