I have been very busy stitching all the tiny hexagon flowers for Soupçon this week. Lots of cutting and sewing which was really rather time consuming but now that I have arranged them on the border, I am pleased with the results. My hexagons were 1/16 of an inch smaller than 1/2 " due to the scaling setting on my computer so the original placement was not going to fit. Instead I decided to just arrange them evenly around the border and they are now ready to appliqué. I opted to add the borders before appliquéing them on to make sure my placement came out even.
I will be sitting in my chair stitching for the rest of the day so I can keep an eye on my poor little dog who had surgery this morning. A few weeks ago, when we were out of town, she was on the leash sniffing around a grate in the ground and her leg slipped through the grate. It was dark and DH did not notice that she was in any pain, nor did she bark or whimper at the time. But by the next morning she was limping and we took her to the vet when we got home. The first visit was inconclusive and we opted to have her on pain meds for a week to see if she improved. Sadly she did not and this week an X-ray determined that she had a problem in her hip that required a major surgery. Hopefully she will recover fully but the poor wee thing is just sleeping and shivering so I need to stay close. An expensive week so there will be no more fabric shopping for me!!!