Friday, March 7, 2014

A Soupçon and a doggie update

I have been very busy stitching all the tiny hexagon flowers for Soupçon this week. Lots of cutting and sewing which was really rather time consuming but now that I have arranged them on the border, I am pleased with the results. My hexagons were 1/16 of an inch smaller than 1/2 " due to the scaling setting on my computer so the original placement was not going to fit. Instead I decided to just arrange them evenly around the border and they are now ready to appliqué. I opted to add the borders before appliquéing them on to make sure my placement came out even.

I will be sitting in my chair stitching for the rest of the day so I can keep an eye on my poor little dog who had surgery this morning. A few weeks ago, when we were out of town, she was on the leash sniffing around a grate in the ground and her leg slipped through the grate. It was dark and DH did not notice that she was in any pain, nor did she bark or whimper at the time. But by the next morning she was limping and we took her to the vet when we got home. The first visit was inconclusive and we opted to have her on pain meds for a week to see if she improved. Sadly she did not and this week an X-ray determined that she had a problem in her hip that required a major surgery. Hopefully she will recover fully but the poor wee thing is just sleeping and shivering so I need to stay close. An expensive week so there will be no more fabric shopping for me!!!

 

19 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Poor doggie - you are doing a good thing sitting by her while she gets over this. You Soupçon quilt is awesome. I sure do love those hexies. I invite you to link to Hexie Weekend so more can see this gem.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

:( So sorry your pup is having a bad time of it. Gentle hugs for both of you.

Love your hexie quilt. It's gorgeous.

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, your poor little pup -- that doesn't look comfy at all. She needs a nice, pretty quilt to warm her up!

Your hexie quilt is looking beautiful!

Lynn Wilson said...

Hope your little baby feels better soon.

Bev said...

Oh! Seeing your baby just makes me want to cry. I hate so much that we can't explain to them why we take them in and let people hurt them. And, yes, I can relate about not buying fabric. I got Charlie's medication refilled today..sigh... Your quilt is beautiful. You are so talented and your work is so beautiful! Put you and your baby on the "pet prayer list" and am sending healing thoughts and thinking of you all day long. XO

Cathy said...

Poor thing. Our puppies mean so much to us. Hope she mends soon. Hugs

Cathy said...

P.S. I forgot to tell you I love your quilt. Hugs

Mayleen said...

Your Soupcon quilt is beautiful! I'm so sorry about your dog and hope she recuperates quickly. We have had several vet visits with the cats lately and its not over yet.

Teresa Rawson said...

POOR BABY! What a good mommy you are, and it is nice to have some stitching to do. Your project is so beautiful!

Oops-Lah said...

Poor little dog; I hope he will soon feel better. Love your Soupçon quilt.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Your quilt is stunning! Such a fun project to follow! Wish I had time to do it also! Poor little pup...bless her heart! I know how you feel since we went through a similar affair with my Ginger a year and a half ago. She is back to normal and your baby will be too! I'm sure it will take time. Give her a little love from me!

Anonymous said...

Vet bills are high, one reason I don't have a pet. How nice that you can sit together during this time, though; comforting for both of you, I'm sure. I simply love what you did with this block. That is beautiful!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh your poor little dog. I hope she calms down soon and heals quickly. She is such a little sweetie. Your hexi quilt is looking so great! It's annoying when you realise afterward that the printed size is incorrect but I really like what you've done.

Brandie said...

The poor little girl! I hope she recovers quickly :(

Carrie P. said...

oh, poor thing. I hope things heal quickly.
Love your block.

Raewyn said...

I LOVE your soupcon!!I hope your wee girl is healing well, it's hard for pets who don't understand what is happening.

Bunny said...

Poor we puppy hope she heals quickly. Love your Soupcon quilt it is just gorgeous.
Hugs

Glenda said...

Oh the poor wee baby, so glad you are able to sit with her. That is all she wants is to be close to you, so glad you have some lovely stitching to do to take your mind of the hurt you must be feeling seeing her so miserable. Hugs Glenda Australia.

Karen said...

Hope your wee pup is much better. Your colors are so pretty together.