First a thank you to all who expressed concern about my little dog Emma. She seems to be mending well and is getting back to her crazy, barking annoying self. I feel awful admitting it, but this dog is not my favorite. She has been difficult from the start with behavioral and physical problems but like any family member, we do our best to treat her well and accept her just as she is. Does anyone else have a dog that goes nuts with barking and running around every time they even suspect that the printer might be used? You can't even sit down at the computer without her going crazy and before surgery she would jump on the couch and climb on to the table to attack the printer. But, on the other hand, her antics make us laugh and she is a constant source of entertainment even if she does not like to cuddle and has such a strong startle reflex that she will attempt to bite anyone that accidentally disturbs her while she is resting. But enough, let's get back to quilting.
I did finish stitching the Soupçon but since it looks the same as the last picture there is not much to share there. But I did get my 3rd Benjamin Biggs BOM by Just Takes 2 finished. I am doing these blocks at 12 inches and that made the stems for this block really tiny. So, after considering several options, I decided to embroider the tiny cherry stems using a chain stitch and 2 strands of embroidery floss. The leaf stems are made with 1/8" bias strips and the circle is done with a 1/4" bias. I just needleturned the cherries but I had forgotten how unforgiving Kona solids can be when using them for appliqué. Something about the weave and heaviness of the fabric makes it difficult for me to get nice curves. And then I made it worse when I pressed the finished block. Oh well, keeps it looking antique. I should have used the perfect circle technique but I actually enjoy just needleturning circles. Maybe next time!