Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Henrietta Whiskers BOM





One of my ongoing projects this year has been the free Block of the Month, "Henrietta Whiskers" offered by Ann Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs. Since next month is the last month, and all the patterns are still offered free on her web site I thought I would show some of my progress. This isn't my usual style but since it is just one easy block per month I decided it would be a fun stash buster. And I don't have any fall quilts ( I am more of a spring color girl) so this was an opportunity to make something different. It has really been a lot of fun.As you can see each block has some piecing, some applique and a little embroidery. There are also a few embellishments that I will add after the quilting is complete. Here is what is done so far.Next month the pattern will include filling that last block on the bottom and some borders. It isn't too late to get the patterns from Bunny Hill. Just check out her website and look under free patterns or Google "Henrietta Whiskers". I wish I could provide you with a link but I still don't know how - I am trying to learn but this computer stuff does not come natural to me! People are also posting to a Flicker "Henrietta Whiskers" page so you can see how others are doing with this fun project.






















1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh it's gorgeous and so wonderful in fall colours.
You can get some blog tips and also how to link if you go to http://chookyblue.blogspot.com/
Donna has a tut on how to link on her left side bar that should help.