Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Bit of Bragging

Last night I stopped by JoAnn's to see if I could find the most recent edition of Quiltmania (not there yet ) and thumbed through a few other quilting and sewing magazines. My son is a contributing editor for Stitch magazine and I love seeing if I can spot his designs before even looking for the designers name. I also saw the new copy of Modern Patchwork and thought I would check it out and voila there was a quilt he had made and I had quilted with him. He came for a visit from California the week after I got my longarm machine as we both were under a learning curve while quilting this one! I did buy the magazine and it is filled with some great modern quilts and small items including a mid century modern table runner that my son did. His article on Contemporary machine quilting with retro designs even made the cover.

He has a pattern company called Feed Dog Designs and has other exciting things in the works. I am a proud momma and I think that deserves a bit of bragging!



10 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Congrats to you Mom Nd congrats to him too! Just checked out his blog and his designs are very unique and modern! Very nice! I'd love to know how he got into this business...did you teach him to sew?

antique quilter said...

well how exciting is that!!!! congrats to him and to you proud mom :)
I agree with Missie how did he get in the business?
Kathie

Oops-Lah said...

Yes, absolutely, you have "bragging rights". You should write a post about your talented son. Did he learn from you?

Donna~~ said...

Definitely deserves some bragging! Congratulations to him!

Karen said...

Congrats to you both - that is so exciting. Don't think I've seen that magazine. I'll have to look for it.

Rachaeldaisy said...

How Exciting and definitely worth bragging about. I love that Shards quilt. I'll keep an eye out for that magazine though we don't always get all the magazines in Australia.

Carrie P. said...

yes siree! you can brag all you want. I think that is so awesome!

Every Stitch said...

Congratulations on keeping the talent in the family! A very smart magazine cover and a striking quilt!

audrey said...

Very exciting! Definitely reason to brag.:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plug, Mom! It was fun to give the longarm a try with you (despite the learning curve), and I hope we'll get the chance to play with it again. I just showed the Shards quilt to my guild today and several members were interested in making one for younger members of their families--it was cool to see people who weren't personally interested in "modern quilting" recognize who the style might appeal to.

I totally meant to send you a copy of Modern Patchwork though--those "things in the works" have been keeping me way too busy! But the light at the end of the tunnel is getting very close....