Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quilting fun with my son

This fall my youngest son will begin grad school to get an MFA in Costume Design and Technology. He graduated in May with a degree in Theater concentrating on Costume design so he already has been sewing for several years. He is excited to move into his first real apartment soon and we have had fun collecting stuff to truly make it his own. But today was the most fun yet as we started this quilt to hang on the ell behind his couch. We are all fused and ready to start stitching tomorrow. This is our interpretation of a quilt inspired by "London Tube" by Zen Chic.

13 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Love your son's quilt...must have inherited the clever stitching gene from you!

Dolores said...

Interesting quilt.

Barb said...

so fun to have a son to be able to enjoy quilting with and to help decorate his new apartment.

Judy Dietrich said...

Love the colors of the quilt--cool design. I have made a lot of costumes in my life--always fun to find that perfect piece that makes the costume come alive!! Think of all the types of different fabrics and accessories he will encounter!!

sunny said...

Awesome quilt! Good luck to son.

Donna~~ said...

Costume Design sounds like a very fun degree (although I'm sure it's a lot of work--just creative sounds more fun than most). Best wishes to your son--so fun to set up one's own place, especially with such a lovely chic quilt!

Oops-Lah said...

As my Irish friend always said: he didn't lick it off the grass ;). But with a talented mother like his, how can it be different?

Janet said...

I love the quilt. It sounds so exciting for your son to be sewing costumes, I have a friend that used to do that for opera.

antique quilter said...

I just love this quilt, love those fabrics, what a great looking quilt! how nice to be sewing with your son.
memories for sure
Kathie

imquilternity said...

What a great idea! It's so masculine, and yet trendy. I would love to see it in "real" life. Is the background brown or black? I really love this quilt.

Carrie P. said...

cool quilt for a guy!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great quilt!!Such a striking pattern! It must be great fun sewing with your son.

Esther Aliu said...

It's rare to see such interesting male quilts (IMO), I think it's looking great