Back to my blue and white Wedding Sampler blocks. I am really getting to the end of these blocks and need to start prepping all the setting triangles. This is such a fun journey I am really sad to see it coming to an end.
Here is Block 19. This was a fairly simple block that was hand pieced and hand appliqued. I really enjoyed fussy cutting a stripe fabric for the star points but am a little disappointed that the points of the star get rather lost next to the blue print fabric. Oh well, still a fun block.
In Block 20 I again used a stripe print but this time not in the star points. This stripe is planned for the final border so I wanted to use it in at least one of the blocks. Not sure that it is quite as successful as I hoped but it will do. On the other hand I am very pleased with the Broderie Perse in this block.
I was a little concerned because some of this fabric had yellow in it that I need to eliminate while doing the appliqué as you can see in this photo. Another fabric that I am so happy to have in the front of the quilt as I think I may have enough of it to use for the backing.
Block 21. I did not enjoy doing this one! I hand pieced those tiny corner stars, 3" finished. The rest is machine pieced and hand appliqued. And when I finished I realized that the center Broderie Perse motif is oriented the wrong way. I think it is staying as it is!
Since I am getting towards the end I have been playing around with the block arrangement. Still not close to a decision here.
Because I am finished machine piecing the blocks on this project, I pulled out an old UFO which I am now calling Winter Blooms. I started this one about a year ago as a challenge to myself to use batiks. I had the appliqué and a few hourglass blocks complete and the cutting was done so in 2 afternoons I finished all the pieced blocks and arranged it on the design wall where it awaits completion. I keep looking at it to make sure all my blocks are arranged in the right way and have had to make many, many adjustments some of which were made after looking at these photos. I think I am almost ready to start stitching this together. There will be a small border of the teal around the appliqué which is being auditioned here.
With one more row added. My design wall and my mess!