Sunday, November 16, 2014

Trying to catch up

With my excitement over Stonefields and a few other projects, I have fallen behind on my Di Ford mystery quilt. I suddenly realized that the next issue of Quiltmania will be arriving at my LQS any day and I made a start on part 4. After working on Stonefields these colors seem so dark and muddy but I am enjoying the variety.

I have also been working on finishing up my Quilt Doodles BOM. I made several changes to the design. Here is a bit of a preview of the work in progress.

The snowflakes, snowmen and little deer are thanks to my son who cut them on his die cutter and shipped them to me. They are wool felt and after fusing I ended up doing the stitching by hand, a little too detailed to machine appliqué as I had planned. But it was worth the effort. I will share the finished top soon, it is just a bit too large to get a good photo!

 

12 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Love your Christmas BOM and I can't wait to see more. Are the snow flakes appliqued? Also your Di Ford is coming along nicely.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm always behind and rarely finish a project before I'm lured away to another. Both of your projects are wonderful......really love the snowmen.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I am behind as well. I find I get unreasonably stressed when I fall behind. It is silly!

Barb said...

love your Christmas project - very fun

The DiFord quilt looks amazing

Nancy said...

Your Di Ford quilt is just beautiful. I finally got caught up and then the final part came out and it looks to be a killer.
I may need to put it aside for a while and think on it.
Love your work.

Kyle said...

You and I are even on the mystery quilt. I was waiting to do the next border until this current one came out, just in case I needed to have it act as a floater type border ( to adjust the width to fit border 6 with all of the piecing). Ha...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Tina said...

I, too, am behind! I don't even want to say how far behind I am ;o)

I just love your work - it is all so lovely and inspirational!!!!

Julierose said...

Oh that Quilt Doodles is amazing--love it a lot! and your Di Ford is beautiful. Did you piece those snowmen??? Hugs, Julierose

Cheri said...

I really like Di Ford quilts and your mystery quilt is turning out so nice. I love the colors on this one.

Angie in SoCal said...

I haven't even started my mystery quilt yet. I've decided it will be one for next year - still collecting fabric. Yours is stunning. I don't think it's dark at all. And the Christmas quilt is so cute. Thanks for sharing, Heather.

Janet said...

Love the quilt doodles. What are you using for your snowflakes? The deer is a very nice touch. Very sweet of your son to do that for you. Your Di Ford is looking good.
Janet

Karen said...

They are both looking wonderful.