Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Di Ford mystery Part 5

I finally caught up with the Di Ford mystery quilt in Quiltmania. Part 5 is now complete and now I must wait for the arrival of the next issue at my LQS. So happy to be caught up with this as the Bonnie Hunter mystery Grand a Illusion starts on Friday!

I am still working away on Stonefields but since I am loving it so much, I am trying not to rush it so I can enjoy the process. Here is the last block sewn from Part 2.

And a few more hexagons. I am really trying to use up some fabric that I had precut for hexagons from another project while injecting some of the newer Stonefields fabric for continuity. Slowly I hope to be able to add more fussy cutting too. 43 done, about 130 to go!

 

11 comments:

sunny said...

So pretty! I think I'm getting ready to get serious about trying more applique. I want to be as good as you when I grow up!

Kyle said...

You've been very busy. I love what you e been doing with Stinefields. So pretty. And Di's quilt is next on my list.

Julierose said...

Di Ford's is gorgeous! I really like your fussy cut hexagons too...hugs, Julierose

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love this so much. It's gorgeous!

Oops-Lah said...

Oh wow, it looks just wonderful. Also your Di Ford quilt is amazing.

Jane in Cumbria said...

I love what you have done with Di's quilt. It looks really beautiful. Stonefields is lovely too, it is such fun to recognise fabrics you have used.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

SO many pretty hexies! :)

Karen H said...

I love all of the little hexies and your Di Ford quilt is gorgeous! I've been collecting the magazines with the thought that I might one day make this quilt!

Bev said...

Just beautiful! Thanks so much for the inspiration! XO

Quilting By Celia said...

Di Fords's quilt looks lovely and I enjoy looking at all your other projects on a regular basis. I also am looking forward to Bonnie's mystery tonight..
Probably will not stay up until Midnight but will be up early otherwise...fun ! fun ! fun!

Tazzie said...

Looks fabulous Heather!
Hugs
Tazzie
:-)