Sunday, November 27, 2011

Snowman Country continues

Here are a few more of the blocks from "Snowman Country" that I have been working on during my son's recovery.
 Thanks to everyone who sent good thoughts and kind words.  His surgery went well and he is progressing nicely.  This surgery involved bone grafting and moving more teeth. His jaw was crushed in a car accident 2 years ago and he has is still missing his 4 upper front teeth.  Doctors are working on improving his bite and preparing him for implants, hopefully in a few months. 
 Another holiday of soft foods and lots of cooking for me to keep his weight up.  It is very difficult for him to eat, nothing that needs to be bitten into and with a poor bite, lots of easy chew foods.  I've become a creative cook, using lots of ground meats, mashed potatoes and pasta, soups and stews and these trips keep me pretty busy.  But I've still had plenty of time for some hand sewing and I am happy with how this little snowman quilt is turning out.
Sorry that these  2 photos are sideways, not sure why or how to fix them but you get the idea.
Hope to be heading home tomorrow and to have this put together soon. I really enjoy working on Bunnyhill patterns, so easy and fun and a change from my more "serious" work and during this busy holiday season its good to have something relaxing at my fingertips.

Happy Stitching to all!

4 comments:

Barb said...

I love your snowmen....just love them. Glad the surgery for your son went well and hope he gets those implants soon..will make life easier for all.

sunny said...

Glad to hear your son is doing well. We should have been comparing recipes and cooking tips! DH had surgery and radiation in his mouth, and we've been doing th esoft foods, too. What's your ds's favorite soft recipe? Your snowmen are adorable. I have that pattern, but it's low on my very long list of to-do's.

Julierose said...

Glad your son is doing well..love those cute snowmen....how about a lot of hearty soups? My hubby makes a beef barley that is really good....Julierose

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's great to hear your son's recovery is going well. Winter is a great soup time of year. Your snowmen quilt is sooo much fun. I wish you could hear me giggling, seeing them pop out of cookie jars and boxes with their little carrot noses and stick arms.