It has been awhile since I have had the chance to work on my Stonefields quilt, my other current long term project. I had to pack up all the fabric to move into the new studio space and promptly got distracted by other things - as usual. But this week I knew I needed lots of appliqué prepped for some stitching days away from home so I pulled all the fabric out and prepped 9 blocks for appliqué. They aren't all stitched yet but I have several ready to share.
First up is this sweet Owl and Pussycat block. This is one of the blocks that originally drew me into this quilt. Such fun.
Then these 3 circle blocks. I would love to do a whole quilt with these, hmm I feel a distraction coming on.
And another simple flower.
Yesterday I tried to catch up with some of the pieced blocks. There are no rotary cutting instructions for these as the designer hand pieced them, so I need to work out my own cutting and piecing instructions as I go. Usually that goes pretty smoothly but this in this set I made a mistake, lots of ripping out before I got things right!
These Ohio star blocks were much simpler. I love the little "H" for Heather.
This was another block that went together pretty well. I am not fond of doing square in a square blocks so I am always happy if it turns out ok.
I also finished up the 176 flying geese blocks needed for the border of the quilt. I made a few extras in case I need them for color balance.
My quilt guild's quilt show is this coming week. I am looking forward to seeing some wonderful quilts as there is such a huge amout of talent in the guild. Hopefully I will remember to take pictures to share with you soon.