Today I realized that I have not been doing much appliqué lately. I assume I am just having a slump and I will get back to it soon. Still working away on the Di Ford mystery but not much to show right now.
Instead I started another quilt, Science Fair by Jaybird quilts. Frankly at the cost of the special ruler I figured I better get some use out of it to justify the expense! One of those impulse buys that shocked me at the cash register. Anyway the pattern uses 2 1/2 in strips and I had a jelly roll just waiting to be used. The lap size only requires 26 strips and I originally planned to just use strips from my Comma by Zen Chic jelly roll. But sadly I could not find a suitable background in my stash to work with both the black and the grey in the line.
Instead I decided to split the jelly roll, add a few strips from my stash and I ended up with enough to make a lap size and a baby size. Here is the lap size fabric with the dark fabric for background and a few of the blocks laid out. I decided to remove the yellow and add a bit of teal. Yes, I do love this color combination and it goes well in my guest room so I keep coming back to it when I am working in brights!
And here is how they are on the design wall right now. I need to ponder this layout to make sure it doesn't need some adjustments.
And the fabric left for the baby quilt with the light solid background. It reminds me of bumblebees so perhaps a few little bee accessories would make this a fun baby gift.
Finally, since I ended up with one extra of all the triangles, I arranged them into this large scrappy hexagon and will make a little pillow.