The work continues on Bonnie Hunter's mystery Celtic Solstice. It has been so fun working on this project and I find that I am also learning a lot. This week we made a split triangle unit that I think I saw someone call birds in flight of something. Lots of bias edges to sew but they came out fine. I find it much easier to only chain piece in groups of ten. It helps me keep track of the numbers and I don't get bored with any one step. It also saves me from lots of unsewing when I make a mistake. Yep, twice I realized I had sewn triangle to the wrong side but at least I only had ten to fix.
I included my inspiration fabric in this photo. When I started pulling fabric for the mystery I was decorating for Christmas and thought a new Christmas quilt would be nice. Hopefully I can use the inspiration fabric for borders but I will have to wait for the reveal to see if that will work.