Friday, June 6, 2014

More Austen Family Album blocks

Today I made 3 more blocks for the Austen Family Album quilt and I am almost caught up! Once I made the block using the medallion of the woman that I showed in the last post, I was inspired to add a few more Jane Austen inspired details.

In this block's center I used a piece of fabric that looks like some stitching that Jane or her sister might have done.

This block includes a background fabric that looks like a stitched sampler.

And this block uses a fabric with script writing reminding me of how she would have written her books by hand.

Each block seems to be more fun than the last and I hope I am able to find other interesting fabrics in my stash to continue to add little details. Such a perfect project to ease back into sewing.

 

10 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Beautiful blocks and stunning fabric choices. Good to know that you are enjoying your new sewing studio.

Raewyn said...

I love how you are putting your own touch on them - lovely blocks!

Jacky said...

Very pretty blocks :) I do like quilts where you can find extra little details. Are you machine sewing!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love all those fun details you are including in your blocks!

Judy Dietrich said...

What fun fabrics you used. Will make it more interesting. Glad they are fun to work on!! Which is your favorite book & why??

Karen H said...

Love, love, love the little fussy cuts! Such pretty blocks!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Love those Jane Austen details, your quilt will be so unique.

Thimbleanna said...

Very Pretty! I love how you are incorporating special little touches into each block!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

So gorgeous! I really love these fabrics. I picture this quilt on a pine,cannon ball bed in a room with warm honey colored wood floors and white paneled walls. Ok....so that was fun imagining taking a nap there! ;)

Sue Jennings said...

Your Jane Austen blocks are looking fabulous! I love the material you have chosen!