Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hexagons by machine

Inspired by the hexagon craze I am seeing everywhere and a desire to spend some quality time with bright fabrics sitting at my machine, I began playing with some acrylic templates to make hexagons by machine. I can't believe how fun and easy this is and the ones that are seen together are even accurate. The sides of the hexagons are 3 1/2 inches so this will just be a small quilt but so far it has been a perfect project to relax with. Please note that this is not fully assembled so those wonky looking hexagons aren't sewn yet. Lol

8 comments:

Donna~~ said...

Your hexies look like great fun! I especially love the Calypso fabrics you're using!

Brandie said...

Wow! That is eye catching!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love this!! The colours, the patterns and the fact you are having fun making them!!

Deborah said...

Very pretty....would love to know more about how you made these.

Judy Dietrich said...

polka dot fun!! Hexies are great fun to work on & very relaxing. Love the big hexagons with birds & flowers--very bright and fun quilt top.

Oops-Lah said...

This is going to be such a fun quilt. I've never sewn hexagons by machine. Are there y-seams involved? I'm not good with those ;).

Michelle said...

I love it!!
A very fresh and happy quilt to be...

Carla said...

I love me some hexagons !