Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Back to sewing

Now that DH is settled into his new home in Florida and starting his new job it is time for me to get back to some stitching.  I've almost finished this last lotus block for my Chinese embroidery style quilt.  I need to design the borders so I hope to find the inspiration for that soon.  Notice the little tail.  Our Yorkie is missing DH something fierce and she was in my face while I was trying to take the photo.  She really is his dog, especially in the morning and now is going around the house looking for him and crying.  I know how she feels but at least I have my stitching to distract me!

6 comments:

Dolores said...

This is a beautiful block. I really like your background fabric too. Perhaps your husband left a pair of slippers around so that your little dog can at least have something of his to hold on to until she sees him again?

Brandie said...

Beautiful! Are you designing the whole thing?

Poor girl, hopefully she'll find you a good substitute.

Julierose said...

This is a beautiful block; patience, thy name is applique....Julierose

Cardygirl said...

Beautiful stitching...hope the tears dry a little there.

Carrie P. said...

poor pup! looking good.

Janet said...

Your block is gorgeous and you're one step closer. It must be hard for your Yorkie not knowing what's happening.