Friday, September 2, 2011

The musical men

Here are the last 2 blocks of the 12 Days of Christmas.  These 2 were rather tricky, lots of fiddly parts and overlapping but they are my favorites.
Now it is time for the dreaded trimming of the blocks, sashing and borders. I often get stuck right here with blocks done but no enthusiasm for putting it all together.  I recently took a look at many of my UFO's and realized that I don't really enjoy putting on that final border as I have 3 or 4 that just need borders to be finished.  Is that weird or does anyone else get stuck at the border?  Maybe I just need to have a border only day!

2 comments:

Brandie said...

I am sitting here clapping my hands and Oooing over these blocks! I am so excited to see this come together. Fabulous!

Cheri said...

Oh Heather I am with you on dreading to trim an applique block. It is the scariest part, I am always afraid of not getting things straight or making an errant cut on a block I have spent so much time on. Your musical men are so good! I can not wait to see the blocks all together. Have a good weekend.
Cheri