Friday, April 24, 2015

Home again

I am home again after a week away, MIL is on the mend and things are getting back to a normal routine. That means a little time in the sewing room, well after the normal chores were completed. Since my last post was made while out of town and I had not taken a photo, I was unable to show this sweet birdie pincushion that my SIL made for me. Isn't it cute? I love it! Thanks so much Sherry, I have found the perfect spot for it and I will see it daily. A fun reminder of our time together.

I finished the stitching on my bee hive pillow, adding some little daisies in the green circles. Now I just need to turn it into a pillow perfect for the new lower level sitting area.

A few more Stonefields blocks were stitched on my trip. Hopefully I will get some time today to prep a few more.

It was delightful to have a few minutes in the sewing room making these little pinwheel blocks for the Quiltmaker bitty block quilt along. These blocks finish at 4". I look forward to using up some tiny scraps each month and so far have kept up with this QAL. It should be a fun little quilt when finished.

Finally I took a picture of the shopping results of my trip. Since the drive is 9 hours to my inlaws, we often stop at a quilt shop to break up the drive. And there are some nice quilt shops near their home so I was able to go to a couple during breaks from our hospital visits. Looks like I was feeling a bit down as I certainly was not buying many happy colors on this trip. But lots neutrals that are lacking in my stash, mostly a grey/taupe color that I have started adding to my projects and want to try out as a background for appliqué. Looks like I have a great selection now!

 

4 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

So many beautiful projects, a gift and all the pretty Stonefield blocks. What a great post, will get to month 6 of the Stonefield quilt soon too.
There is a Link-Up for the Stonefields project on my blog until Sunday.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Janet said...

What a beautiful bird. All your blocks look wonderful. I especially love the Stonefields. As always look forward to your next post.

Raewyn said...

The bird is gorgeous! As are your Stonefield blocks. I just came across that Itty Bitty block yesterday and thought it very cute, and a great way to use some scraps.

Barb said...

oohh that bird is adorable!! love the ribbons.