Ta da! After 20+ years my Fall Urns quilt is a finished top. Despite my little errors I am so pleased with how it turned out. Sure hope it doesn't take me another 20 years to get to the quilting.
I am working on the next border for Sampler Magic but got a little distracted pulling fabric for my Stonefields quilt. Most of the fabric for this quilt came from the stash though I must admit to buying a few things once I had ordered the pattern. After pulling from the stash I realize that I certainly did not need to make those purchases. Oh well I have lots to choose from, here is what I am starting with.
The most difficult part was selecting the background fabric. The pattern suggests 7 meters of fabric which will be used in the borders, flying geese borders and many of the block backgrounds. I found a background in the stash that I liked but only had 7 yards, about 3/4 yd short. I had enough of one solid but I had already started a long term project using it as a background and wasn't sure I had enough for both. I then found a few yards of another solid and a few other similar tonals so I am using the first fabric as the borders and then the solid for the flying geese units. And that way I can mix up the backgrounds in the blocks using whatever I have on hand.