I had big sewing plans for the last few days. First up was to add the border to Jacobean Elegance. I believe I have stated before how much I hate adding borders and borders with striped fabric are the worst. No it isn't the mitered corner that I mind doing it is cutting them. I end up rushing the process and the seam allowances are never quite perfect but at least this time I feel like it was worth the work. These borders really enhance the rest of the quilt and I am pleased with the result.
I intended to get the backing ready for this one today as well but sadly I got a bit distracted. Though I did get a backing put together for the charity quilt I shared in a previous post. That took much longer than anticipated as my backing fabric was not quit wide enough. I had to get a bit creative and that required a trip to my LQS for a wee bit of fabric. And then, despite plans to get another backing ready, I began playing with my bright scraps again and created this string block. I used the tutorial on Bonnie Sullivan's Quiltville blog for a Spiderweb block. I have always wanted to try string piecing and I had so many strips left from my Gypsy Wife quilt that I decided to give it a go. Well, the tutorial is great and the block turned out well but it was very time consuming so one of these may be enough!