I have finally finished part 3 of Quiltmania Magazine's Di Ford designed mystery. Though I started this project with great gusto back in Feb., this part really stalled me. Not really sure why but I think it has something to do with the colors I selected for the project. They just seem a little muddy to me and as a result I don't love the project as much as I did when I started. I was trying to recreate the look that is in so many of Di's quilts which is a bit darker than I usually work and I am finding it is just not me or perhaps it is just the time of year as I do prefer working in brights during the summer months. But I will keep working on this one as I do like it overall and will try to add a little lightness in the next round. Who knows once winter arrives I may think it is perfect.
Now I need to start pulling fabrics for the next part!