I am all caught up with the Austen Family Album and can now relax with just one block per week. I really like the addition of the lighter fabrics and am enjoying each of these blocks. This week I finished 2 more. The first is called London roads and I was excited to find a suitable road fabric in my stash for the center. I am not thrilled with the second block but am at least pleased to be able to use more sampler fabric.
And I finally decided to get started on Part 3 of the Di Ford Mystery quilt in Quiltmania magazine. This part is made up of an appliqued border that includes regular appliqued leaves, broderie perse flowers and some EPP hexagon flowers. Since I am using my own fabric selections, rather than buying a kit, I have had to make a few changes in the broderie perse as I do not have as many different flowers to choose from. As a result all my borders will be the same and I am pleased with this layout.
Ready to get stitching!