Thanks so much to everyone's kind comments about my son's book. I have not yet had a chance to respond as I have been out of town but I will hope to do that soon. And please come back on Wednesday when Kevin will be doing a guest post!
After seeing several posts about the new Di Ford mystery quilt in Quiltmania magazine, I knew I had another "must do" project for 2014. I have cut down on all my purchases this year but Quiltmania magazine is something I will continue to purchase. I just love the magazine, it is filled with inspiration and patterns that I love but it can be difficult to find. As it is published in France, we usually don't see it here until it had been out for a month or two. It usually hits the quilt stores first and then sometimes a month or two later can be found in bookstores of JoAnn's. I am so excited that I finally found a LQS, or at least one 1 1/2 hours away, that carries it so I can be sure to get each issue. And as soon as I found this year's first issue I began the mystery.
As you can see some broderie perse is involved. In the original mystery a Dutch chintz is used but it is the same chintz that I am using in LE so I wanted to use something else. And I really am hoping to make this out of my stash so I was delighted to find a piece of Lately From London by Moda that had these great flowers. It is on a tan background but with some careful stitching it works.
I may need to tweak a few of the diamond points as I am not happy with them, but I really hate unstitching appliqué so they may just stay as they are.
Unfortunately I do not have any of the stripe that is used to border this medallion but I did locate a promising stripe in my stash. I am thinking that I may alter it somewhat as it seems a bit too drab but will wait for the next installment before making that decision. And my hexagon flowers for the corners are not utilizing that stripe either.