I have been planning on making this quilt for awhile but have been stuck because I could not find an outer border fabric I like but since it needs to be finished quickly I decided to just jump in. I have been prepping blocks for 3 days and my sewing room is a disaster!
Since I am going in a different color direction than the pattern, I started by making all the background blocks and sashing areas first. Hopefully this way my colors will end up pretty balanced. Here are a few blocks prepped on my design wall.
And a few blocks sewn and embroidered.
Such fun and a perfect project to work on until the next part of LE is released.