Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A little rest

I have taken a little sewing break for the last week to take care of the  final closing on the sale of our house in the Atlanta area.  It was touch and go to the last minute and I am just happy that it is over with and we can finally move forward. I thought I would be starting a new bright project along the lines of "Green Tea and Sweet Beans" but realized that some simple sewing with no math required is what I need this week. So instead I started this project from the pattern "On a Whim" by Thimble blossom designs. I had a small collection of fat quarters from the Field Notes collection by Blackbird designs and decided to use them in this project. Just 10 fat quarters, some block background and one more fabric that is in the block corners and will be the border and I am all set. Another stash project, yippee!
Oh and this is my first time using the new update of blogger for my iPad so I am a little unsure about the layout. I sure wish that updates came with instructions!

4 comments:

Mayleen said...

Congratulations on the sale of your house! I'm sure you're relieved.

I like your quilting project!

Robin said...

Nice quilting project and congrats on the sale of your home.

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's great news the house has sold! I love these blocks, such a striking design, what size are they?

Every Stitch said...

Well done on the house sale - a big relief. Lovely blocks :)