Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Binding with a flange

Well, I have never tried this before and it is way harder than I expected but it seems to be worth the effort for this quilt. I debated the pros and cons of adding a flange versus piping and decided to go with a flange. Despite being VERY careful with my cutting and sewing my flange is not quite perfectly even so piping might have been a better option. I had always planned to bind this one in green but now am kinda wishing that I had reversed the colors but then the flange imperfections would be more noticeable! Back to stitching.

9 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

It does look nice with this kind of binding. Good luck with it!

Janet said...

No imperfections in that gorgeous, gorgeous handquilting. I think the binding will be lovely.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That looks wonderful. The hint of pink is perfect. I'm sure once it's done it will look perfect.

Grit said...

That looks fantastic.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

antique quilter said...

looks wonderful from here.
don't be so hard on yourself, its just an amazing quilt.
we are our own worse critics aren't we? I know I am!
Kathie

Brandie said...

It looks wonderful to me! Beautiful!

Jane in Cumbria said...

It looks wonderful, and the red gives a sense of mystery. If there were any imperfections, nobody would see it because of the georgeous handquilting.

Cheri said...

I think you did a good job, the flange or a piping add so much to the quilt. The quilt is a beautiful classic!

Carrie P. said...

I have done a flange on smaller quilts and it can be tricky trying to keep it even. I am sure your looks good all the way around.