Thursday, January 19, 2012

More travels

Well, not much sewing going on these days as we have been on the road so much this month.  Thanks for all your concern about my dad.  The cancer is progressing and we hope he can stay comfortable.  We just got home from Florida where my DH had a job interview. Fingers crossed that we get some good news on that.  But all the travel means quilt shop stops, after all you have to stop for food, gas and potty breaks so you might as well plan them around quilt store locations. :-)  Anyway here are the purchases from this week's trip.  I love this new line of fabric by Michael Miller fabrics called Backyard Baby and I purchased some of every fabric in the line.  I'm not usually a fabric line kinda gal but this one spoke to me.  I also picked up some  random pieces of fabric that will blend in and will be adding lots more from my stash.  Now to figure out just what to do with it.

Home for a few days and out again on Sunday for another week on the road.  Better get more hand applique ready.  I hope to show some of that project soon.

I am missing my time in blog land but catching up when I can.  Unfortunately this new Android tablet often won't allow me to comment on blogs but I wIll keep trying to figure it out and if any of you know what I might be doing wrong please let me know.

Happy stitching!


5 comments:

sunny said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Mom to cancer, and it's not an easy road you're going down. Make sure you take care of YOU! Keep on stitching.....

Brandie said...

Good luck and take care!

Donna~~ said...

That is an appealing line of fabrics--look forward to seeing how you decide to use it. Hope everything goes well with the job interviewing, and that your dad is as comfortable as can be.

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a fun selection of fabrics. You sound so busy and have so much going on in your life, look after yourself.

LuAnn said...

I also lost my Mom to cancer; I'll be thinking about you. Glad you like to applique' so you will be able to keep quilting. Love your new fabrics.