Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Birds of a Feather

Since I don't have much to show for the last few days work I thought I would instead show you what is currently hanging over my fireplace.  This is from the book "Birds of a Feather" by Blackbird designs.  When I took down my quilt to hang in our guild's recent show I looked for something else to take its place.  Since this looks sorta autumnish to me and more important, fit the area, it will hang here til the Christmas decorations go up.  I love having this space to highlight some of my quilts,  it is amazing how just changing the quilt and a few accessories really changes the room.  Don't know why the color is so off in the photo, it is much brighter in person and the wall behind it is yellow not beige.
Sadly I have run out of my precut hexagon papers and the company that I ordered them from shipped them to my billing address rather than my shipping address.  They have promised to reship the order to the correct address but I am starting to have hexie withdrawal.  Hope they get here soon and in the meantime I have a quilt to bind and applique to keep me busy.

5 comments:

Donna~~ said...

Your Birds of a Feather quilt is lovely! I keep resisting buying that book, but may have to rethink my decision...just too little time for everything I'd like to make! Hope your hexagon papers arrive soon!

Karen said...

I'd like to have that quilt over my fireplace. I am trying to remember if I have the quilt pattern. I have so many of Blackbird Designs books.

Janet said...

Your Bird of a Feather looks fantastic. I like a quilt on the wall too and it's good for keeping the room warm in winter.

Carrie P. said...

I have this book and just love you version of the quilt. Just lovely

Quilting By Celia said...

I love your quilt and the work you do. I have a couple of books from Backbird designs too.